<CORSA Chapters> Fwd: [Corsabod] The Corvair Birthday July 7th

Allan Lacki redbat01 at verizon.net
Wed May 8 11:21:04 EDT 2019

 Hello CORSA Chapter Leaders,
Arne Nilsson of Sweden, reminded us that July 7 is the 60th anniversary of the first Corvair to roll off the assembly line in 1959.  You may want to remind the people in your chapter of this important date in Corvair history.
Danny Davis, Western Division Board Member, recalls that the July 2009 issue of the CORSA Communique has a great article about those early days of Corvair production, including July 7, 1959.  The article was written by renown Corvair historian David Newell.  That issue of the Communique is posted as a PDF in the "Publications" section of the CORSA website (www.corvair.org).  You need to log-in to the website to find it.  It is worth a read.

Shown below is the exchange of emails between Arne and me.  Also, attached are photos from members of the Corvair Club of Sweden.   This club is not an official chapter of CORSA, but Arne and two other gentlemen are members and it's always a pleasure to hear from them.

Allan Lacki
redbat01 at verizon.net