<CORSA Chapters> Spam e-mails

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Nov 12 06:57:48 EST 2019

Hi folks,

Unfortunately it appears someone is doing what's known as a Spear Phishing attack that's targeted at CORSA members.  The text will say something like this:

"I need your assistance I'm out of town. Can you please handle this on behalf of the club.

CORSA, needs Gift cards for donation to Veterans at Hospice Care for their Veteran's Day ."

CORSA is not doing any such donation campaign.  Further, any CORSA correspondence will come from a Corvair.org address.  Finally, donations to CORSA or the CPF are via the web forms at www.corvair.org.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell | Fairfax Station,  Va. | bryan at skiblack.com | http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
CORSA Eastern Div Director
 Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
 '69 Road Runner, '99 Neon R/T, '00 Miata SE, '09 Ford F-150