<CORSA Chapters> [Corsabod] Spam e-mails

DAVE MCCHESNEY daveeva at comcast.net
Wed Nov 13 13:52:57 EST 2019

I wonder if this happens more in clubs/Chapters/organizations that publish a treasurer's report in their newsletters?  It seems to happen occasionally in the Inland Northwest Corvair Club (Chapter 990) as we do publish a Treasurer's Report.  For a while another organization I belong to, Spokane Authors and Self-Publishers (SASP) was publishing our treasurer's report in our newsletter.  While doing so, our treasurer at the time got a lot of these sort of e-mails.  These days most groups post their newsletters so it's fairly easy for disreputable individuals to discover what we have in terms of funds and also contact information to be able to contact specified individuals.  SASP no longer puts the treasurer's report in the newsletter and we seem to have few scam/spam e-mails.
Dave McChesney
INCC Treasurer/REAR ENGINE REVIEW Editor
P. S. I also currently serve as SASP Treasurer, Web-Master, and SASP NEWS Editor