<CORSA Chapters> CORSA Convention Update for the Chapters

Allan Lacki redbat01 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 10 15:35:09 EDT 2020

 Hello CORSA Chapter Officials,
By now, you have probably heard the latest announcement about the 2020 CORSA Convention in San Diego.  But if not, here it is.
2020 CORSA CONVENTION POSTPONED TO 2021 YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the San Diego Corvair Club andCORSA President Mike Hall made a joint decision to cancel the 2020 CORSAConvention that was scheduled to occur in San Diego.  However, there is a silver lining.  Please keep reading….
 SEE YOU IN SAN DIEGO NEXT YEAR!
We are happy to announce that the Crowne Plaza San Diego -Mission Valley, has agreed to host our convention next year.   So mark your calendars.  New dates: July 27-31, 2021.
 WHAT IF I ALREADY REGISTERED?
In terms of reservations, please consider the 2021convention to be a completely new affair. Your current hotel reservations will need to be voided and your conventionregistration fees will need to be refunded. Here’s how we’ll handle this:
1. Regarding your 2020 hotel reservation.  Please contact the Crowne Plaza San Diego -Mission Valley and cancel your reservation. They may have already cancelled it for you, but call them to makesure.  The phone number is (619)297-1101.  Also, please cancel yourairline tickets, train tickets and rental car reservations if you haven’talready done so.
2. Regarding your 2020 convention registration.  Convention Coordinator Harry Jensen iscancelling all the registrations made so far.  If you paid the registration fee, we willrefund it.  So, you should not need to doanything with regard to your 2020 Convention Registration with CORSA.
CORVAIR – THE NEXT GENERATION
The CORSA mini convention known as “Corvair – the NextGeneration” is still scheduled to occur in Springfield, Illinois from June 17to June 20, 2020.  Complete informationis available at this address: https://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter627/mini2020.htmGet your reservations in for the hotel and register for theMini.  It is shaping up to be a funfilled 4 days with your friends and your Corvairs.
Allan Lacki,CORSA Board Secretary
redbat01 at verizon.net
cc:  Lorrie Tustison, John Jackson and the CORSA Board