<CORSA Chapters> Group Corvair Virtual Garage Sale -- revised instructions

Jim Simpson simpson661 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 13:06:16 EST 2021

First, I'd like to apologize for what is close to spam.  A number of people
had problems opening the original spreadsheet we used in our first attempt
at this, so we've changed things around a bit and hopefully this will work
better.

As in the first message, we ask that this be spread as far as possible,
particularly to the local (Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Delaware)
Corvair owners as well as to anyone else who might be interested.

We're assisting Barbara Frailey, the widow of the long-time Corvair
enthusiast Pete Frailey, to clean out the garage and workshop.  Group
Corvair volunteered to help out.

As we said in the first message, Pete cleared out his inventory of Corvair
parts a year or so before he died.  What's left, though, are his tools,
both automotive and woodworking.  Barbara Frailey has no use for them and
would like them to go to a good home, preferably a Corvair enthusiast.

This time, we've attached a PDF file that should be readable on just about
any device; we've tested it on smartphones, laptops, desktops with multiple
operating systems.

To bid, send a note to *both *Jim Simpson and Bob Hall (
simpsonj at verizon.net  hallgrenn at aol.com ) with the line number, short
description and bid amount.  We'll update our master copy and periodically
send it out to everyone who has expressed an interest in bidding.  (There's
already been several bids that are reflected in the PDF file attached.
Since this is an auction, you can bid a higher amount in increments of at
least $1.00.  We are not posting the names of the bidders for privacy
reasons.)

The images in the file can be enlarged somewhat, but we have higher
resolution images available on request.  In addition, for the tool boxes,
we have images of most, if not all, of the drawers so you can get an idea
of what the contents are.  Note that we have not made any attempt to sort
the tools or verify that sets are complete.  The contents are as Pete left
them.

*Note that if you don't express an interest, preferably by bidding, you
won't be getting the updated spreadsheets.  We don't want to bombard the
system with SPAM.*

*We're going to run this for a little over three weeks, ending at noon on
Friday, February 5.  We assume that the bidding on most items will have
ended by then.  We'll assume if there hasn't been a new bid in the last 5
minutes before noon, the bidding has ended.  (If there is still competition
over some individual items, we might split them out and send a new PDF just
to the individuals who are still bidding.  Bear with us on this; we've
never done anything like this before.)*

*Payment and Pickup:  First, all sales are final.  We make no guarantees of
any kind.  We have NOT tested any of the machinery or closely examined any
of the tools.  Payments will be by check made out to Group Corvair and sent
to:  Jim Simpson, 3845 Wayson Road, Davidsonville, MD  21035.  (Group
Corvair is just acting as a collection point; all proceeds will go to
Barbara Frailey.)  Pickup is up to you at Barbara's home in Gaithersburg,
MD; we will NOT ship anything.  Once we've received payment, we'll put you
in touch with Barbara and you can set up a date and time to collect your
loot.  PLEASE OBSERVE ALL CORONAVIRUS PRECAUTIONS!*

Any questions, contact either of us via e-mails (above) or phone (below).

Good Luck!

Bob Hall  (301-213-9852)

Jim Simpson  (240-232-2820)

Group Corvair