<CORSA Chapters> Corvair Society of America - Autocross Insurance Survey

Allan Lacki redbat01 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 31 09:51:03 EDT 2021

Hello Everybody,
This email goes out to all US and Canadian chapters of CORSA.
You've probably heard that our current general liability insurance policy specifically includes timed events, such as autocross, TSD rallies and gymkhana events.  Our agent has searched for alternate commercial liability policies that would cover timed events without success, so Titus Stewart and I have taken it upon ourselves to do the shopping.
We have found a couple of insurance companies that offer special insurance policies for timed events, but they require either an annual up-front payment which we would need to pay, even if we hold no timed events at all.  One of them also offers a per-event policy with no up-front payment, but their price for each individual event is $585+, which is quite expensive.

So, by way of this email, we are reaching out to you.  Please tell us if your chapter reasonably expects to hold any of these events this year, and if so, how many.

1.  Autocross events.2.  TSD rallies3.  Gymkhanas4.  Other timed events.
Please reply by November 10 so we can move this along.   I'll be tallying your responses.

Allan Lacki
Secretary to the CORSA Board of Directors
cc:  Titus Stewart, CORSA Regional Director, Eastern Region
      Mike Hall, CORSA President