[FC] 140 Rampside

Wed Apr 2 12:29:00 2003

In a message dated 4/2/2003 10:03:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, N2VZD@aol.com
writes:

> now how do we recognize the gov?  What was the real difference?  Shift
> speed lower higher?  Is gear color or other marks?

   It seems to me that I remember a different color gear on the end of the
governor. I also don't think that is a hard rule. It seems to me I have taken
apart some 140 PG and found the same color gear. The only way to really know
is to install a governor and see if the full throttle shift points are
higher.
   The parts manual does show a different part number but no way to identify
the governor.
   Ken Hand