[FC] corsa trivia question

Fri Apr 4 09:30:01 2003

    In reference to the trivia question posed by Joe Doughty in the latest
issue of the Communique, I have no answers but one more question.  His
question is about the stampings on the top shroud.  Cylinders 1,3,5, are
marked clearly on one side and 4,6 are marked on the other.  What happened to
#2  was it money saved in tooling or what?
    Joe reported that all the shrouds he has seen at shows look the same.
Now after examining the two top shrouds I have in the garage, I noticed my
van is identical 1,3,5 and 4,6; However, my sedan motor is missing the three
also.  I have no idea what shroud this originally came from as it was a
mongrel motor when I received it.  On one side is 1,5 and the other side 4,6.

    Is the sedan shroud a misprint?  Why skip the numbers?  Anyone with an
answer, please enlighten us.
Thanks,
Andy Hammond
Chickwich5151@cs.com