[FC] sputtering

Clark Hartzel corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Apr 10 10:08:01 2003

Sometimes a bad distributor cap can cause misfiring if it is cracked or has
carbon tracks jumping from terminal to terminal.
Try changing the cap and see if that helps.  Also run the engine in a dark
place and see if you can see any sparks jumping from plug wire to wire or
wire to ground.  Could be bad wires.
Clark Hartzel

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Ben Stiles
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 10:57 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: [FC] sputtering

Hey guys and gals!

I have been having trouble with the Greenbrier sputtering in wet weather.
If I floor the pedal, it really spits and complains, but if I let it off to
just about the middle of the pedal tension, it smooths out at least enough
to get me up the hills.

I have tried the dry gas trick and suspect it might be dry plug wires.
Could it also be accelerator pumps or something else?

Let me know if you know!

Hope to see all of you in Carlisle.  I will have both of my FCs there!

Thanks!  Ben Stiles