[FC] 140 Rampside-dual exhaust

Clark Hartzel corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Apr 13 07:15:02 2003

I had a Greenbrier once where the previous owner had cut out the area under
the battery tray and made a new "floor" that was higher so a stock Corvair
140 muffler would fit there just like the right hand side.  The van had a
140 engine so it sounded just like a CORSA going down the road.  You can use
the 140 U-bends by heating with a torch and bending into the correct
alignment.  I've heard rumors that the parts suppliers make the FC exhaust
pipe that way.  They just buy car pipes and bend into shape.
Clark Hartzel

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Michael Emanuele
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2003 9:03 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org; corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: [FC] 140 Rampside-dual exhaust

Too Noisy. I put a dual exhaust that Clarks offers for a Rampside on my
Rampside.  The description says slightly louder than stock. Well it's way to
loud for me. Does anyone have any knowledge of a quieter muffler that will
fit
neatly? Can I use the original single exhaust set up? And if so what
downfall
would that create other than the loss of power maybe? I am leaving for
Pittsburgh early this morning to pick up another car so I will read any
As usuall, Thanks in Advance

Mike Emanuele
69 Monza Convertible