[FC] 140 Rampside-dual exhaust

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Apr 13 22:34:00 2003

All the old cars that I remember had a crossover pipe that connected between
the mufflers just where they made the bend from coming down from the exhaust
manifolds.  I remember putting those exhaust pipes on cars and it was like
trying to thread a needle.   When you got one side aligned, the other side
didn't want to go into place.  Not to mention..... they were extremely heavy
and awkward for their size.  Paul in CT

----- Original Message -----
  From: Mikeamauro@aol.com
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2003 10:20 PM
  Subject: Re: [FC] 140 Rampside-dual exhaust

  "Too Noisy. I put a dual exhaust that Clarks offers for a Rampside on my
  Rampside.  The description says slightly louder than stock. Well it's way
  loud for me....."

  I have duals on my 67 coupe.  I'll be trying a crossover pipe.  I've heard a
  few others have tried this with good results.  Many newer cars with duals
use
  a crossover.  Duals are loud, generally because of the side-to-side
  resonance, not because of two outlets.... The crossover cancels out the
  "harmony".
  Mike Mauro