[FC] parts

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Aug 6 23:02:00 2003

Will you be going back in the near future before they will be crushed?????
thanks Paul in CT
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ben Stiles
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 10:39 PM
  Subject: [FC] parts

  Hey Corvanatics gang-

  Went to the junkyard today and FORGOT my socket set!!  Sure made it hard to
  get some of the stuff.  We got door latch mechanisms from the Greenbrier
and
  Corvan and good tailgate latches from the Rampside for $2.50 each!!!!!
Ramp
  latches are shot and rust welded to the rampgate.

  By the way, all three trucks (and about thirty Corvair cars) are located at
  A-Z U-Pull-It junkyard located in New Ringgold, PA located off route 61
then
  895, Northwest of Reading, PA.  Truck bodies are shot, but still have good
  windshields, axles with bearings, steering wheels, etc.  Prices are
  reasonable. (There you go, Bryan!!)

  I got the Corvan driver's side FC bucket seat.  Let's call it a frame as it
  has shoddy 1962 upholstery and a broken spring.  It is complete and for
sale
  as I do not need it, just wanted to be sure it wasn't crushed with the rest
  of the truck.  Anyone interested?  E-mail me offline at
bensbus@paonline.com

  Twas a fun day at the junkyard and Lynn helped a lot pulling door trim off
  so we could get to the door latch mechanisms just so we'd have spares.
What
  a great wife!!!

  Talk to ya'll down the road!!!  Ben Stiles, Ben's Bus and Rampside