[FC] ring and pinion gears

Bryan Blackwell corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri Aug 8 11:27:00 2003

Don't forget your tire size.  We have 3.55s in our PG Brier with
225/70-14s and it cruises nicely at 70, and can still go up hills ok.
I'm not sure I'd want to run an FC a whole lot faster without some
other tricks - air dam, stiffer shocks, etc.

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 06:08 AM, N2VZD@aol.com wrote:

> i ran a 327 pg in an early convt years ago , here and it was great! it
> went
> over a 100 mph and did fine on hills.  i wonder how it will be in a
> van though,
> as my truck has been tricky to get the pep i need to do some of the
> hills
> here, it is not a hot rod but was ok on 81 going to carlisle.  top end
> is lacking
> though but if i can see 75 or so at times i guess its fast enough. i
> want to
> cruise at 65-70 like newer stuff and with 355 gears it feels like im
> screaming(3500+) rpm all the time. the 95 hp(180hp heads) pg runs good
> and doesnt seem
> to be hurt by it yet. im running 51 jets in late carbs, 319 distrib
> with only
> one spring on advance, with cd ignition and ngk plugs.i tend to change
> stuff a
> lot trying for a touch more pep or mileage so info changes week to
> week..regards tim colson  (always looking for the impossible)

Bryan Blackwell bryan@skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa