[FC] 95 HP Heads Might Still Need Premium Gas

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Sat Aug 23 13:29:00 2003

and all these years I thought that it was because of the 3.89 gear set.......
sure glad that you solved my problem for me........ Paul in hilly CT
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Marcello Capalbo
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2003 1:25 PM
  Subject: Re: [FC] 95 HP Heads Might Still Need Premium Gas

  Dear Mr. Mauro,
  I'm the poseur who bought the over-restored Greenbrier (95 hp)off of e-bay
  on New Year's Eve from Mercedez Benz of Redondo Beach.
  The dealer filled it with regular gas, and as soon as I got on the LA
  freeway system, it wouldn't go over 40mph.
  Refilled it in Simi Valley with regular gas, and it went so slow that the
  CHP pulled me over on the entrance ramp to advise me that I needed to drive
  faster than 40 mph to use the freeway.
  In Santa Maria, there was only generic gas so I filled it with premium.
  As soon as I pulled on the entrance ramp, "64 BRIER" started humming up to
  65mph, where she has been cruising ever since.
  Baby won't drink regular.  I wouldn't necessarily assume that if you
convert
  to 95hp, you'll run on regular.
  SF Marcello