[FC] Some resuscitation advice please

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Aug 24 09:30:02 2003

"or that none of the valves were left open when you shut the engine down
(cylinder will rust)." Quote of Merv Krull, Salmon Arm

Unless it is a single cylinder engine, some valves have to have been open!!!!!
Paul in CT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Merv and/or Loretta
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2003 3:28 AM
  Subject: Re: [FC] Some resuscitation advice please

  Hey CW! pull the plugs, a tiny shot of engine oil in each hole, pull the
  coil wire, crank the starter with plugs out, install plugs and coil wire,
  two tablespoons of gas down its throat, crank until it starts... hope and
  pray that no oil seals in the engine or tranny tear on the first rev or
that
  none of the valves were left open when you shut the engine down (cylinder
  will rust).
  Good luck!
  Merv Krull
  Salmon Arm
  Gonna install your springs this week I hope!