[FC] Changed Tirque Converter, Now a Vibration

Sat Aug 30 19:34:00 2003

Thanks to all who replied to my query concerning boil out of tranny fluid
from 64 Greenbrier PG.  Installing a rebuilt torque converter solved the boil out
of tranny fluid.  Unfortunately, now a different problem: A rotational
vibration/shutter, when engine is revved in neutral, and when moving in drive.  The
vibration won't shake your eye teeth out, but it's definitely there....starts
about 2200 RPM.  The rebuilt converter came from a Corvair vendor, and was
advertised as "professionally rebuilt with all worm parts replaced".  I suppose a
torque converter can be out of balance?  Any ideas, similar experiences?  Not
looking forward to dealing with the vendor, nor pulling the drive train back
out.

Thanks in advance for any advice/insights forthcoming,
Mike Mauro, 64 Greenbrier Deluxe, PG, A/C