[FC] Odd Exhaust Manifold?

* Greenbrier Goon * corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Dec 8 01:00:02 2003

I have a small problem with the left exhaust manifold on my 63 FC.  The
threads on one of the studs is damaged in such a way that I can't remove the
nut or tighten it up as much as it should be.  If I force it, the stud might
break.

I was looking at the manifold I removed from the engine of my junk FC and it
is different than the one on my regular FC.  The studs are one above the
other rather than side by side.  I thought these things were all the same
except for 140hp manifolds.

What's the deal?

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)
1963 Corvair 95 4 Speed (soon to be scrap)

Our best dial-up offer is back.  Get MSN Dial-up Internet Service for 6
months @ $9.95/month now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup