[FC] FC Gas Heater & A/C

Mon Dec 8 14:03:00 2003

Hey Gang,
    I posted this to the VV group and did not get any replies back so far.  I
am going to add an early model A/C unit to the van (the kind that mounts
underneath the glovebox and the radio bezel).  Just placing it there, it looks
like it will be a perfect fit.  I am also entertaining installing a gas heater,
as I understand that they are really nice to have in the winter.  Unfortunately
the heater mounts in the same place as where I want the A/C to be.

    My two questions are; 1) Has anyone mounted the gas heater in another
location with any success and 2) Did Chevrolet ever offer an early model car with
the gas heater and A/C option on the same car.  If you have any info on
either case please contact me with details.
    I get the feeling I have to chose one or the other, and in that case I
will choose the A/C, as I am heat intollerent, and the regular heater can
suffice.  As always, thanks in advance, I enjoy reading your posts.  Now back to
lurk mode for me.

Andy Hammond
Chickwich5151@cs.com
63 Corvan  soon to be running (Mystery Machine)