[FC] RE: FC air dam

Diane Galli corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Dec 8 15:00:01 2003

   Here is the info as sent by Larry Forman .
----- Original Message -----
From: Larry Forman
To: Verdes3@aol.com
Cc: Diane and Bob Galli
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: FC spoiler

Hi Tim,
Bob Galli replied with some of the info, but not a part number.  I was able to
find my tech tip that I created and here it is:

FC Front Air Dam
Thanks to Bob Galli of Corvanatics who supplied the GM Part Number 15569084
for an 80's full sized truck front air dam that fit onto my Greenbrier.  This
part is easily modified, fits well and looks good once modified.  The cost is
slightly less than $40 plus tax.  I found that I could cut the black plastic
easily using a hacksaw blade.  Using a power blade causes the plastic to
reweld with the heat generated by the saw blade.  It can be broken afterwards,
but doesn't work as well.  I was able to leave the entire length intact and
after removing a vertical support rib and an outward flange, I could bend the
end of the air dam and secure it with a bracket to the body.  It looks very
clean and finished, like it was designed for the van.

I was able to use some body panel seams for alignment to assure that the air
dam was properly centered.  A small bottle jack can be used to hold the part
in place while adjusting or drilling the holes.

The front air dam REALLY improves the handling.

Larry Forman  65 Turbo Corsa Vert. and 63 Greenbrier camper

Sorry I was not able to reply earlier.  I think you will like these.  They fit
very well once you modify it as above.

Regards,

Larry