[FC] Re: [FC]PARTS CLEANING/DERUSTING

Tue Dec 9 11:20:02 2003

i find that the biggest part of any car work is cleaning the parts/derusting.
  i have many tricks up my sleeve after about 40 years of working on cars as
a hobby. chemicals for derusting, wire wheels, buffers, sandblasting,
electrolisys, etc i have played with a lot of it.once i get all the parts clean the
rest of the job seems easy.  the biggest part of the job is cleaning myself up
after a long day of parts cleaning..
the latest big help, for me anyways, is the recources at the local "dollar
"store, such as primer, paint, (spray and quarts etc), spray cleaners of all
types, (oven cleaner, glass cleaner, brake /electrical cleaners and carb cleaner
all a buck a can!  and they even have wire wheels ,plastic containers for
soaking and sandpaper etc. saved me a fortune in the last year or two.
regards tim colson