[FC] Windshield Glass

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Dec 10 18:01:01 2003

My comments were on the latest batch, not those sold a year ago..Does anyone
have any information on these?  I don't know what vendor the "defective"
windshield came from, but heard of this from another Corvair person not in
this area... They were from Down South...... Paul
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: N2VZD@aol.com
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 5:01 PM
  Subject: Re: [FC] Windshield Glass

  hmmm all i can tell you from the east coast, is i put a new windshield in my
  rampy from our east coast vendor.  the glass and gasket are fine but after a
  year or more now ,i did have to reseal it on the sides.  i think the gasket
  changed size a touch.  it is ok now after sealing it on the corners.
trucking
  aint cheap! i went and picked it up because  $250.00 crating/shipping seemed
  touch steep for 235 miles.
  regards tim colson