[FC] Interesting Development - Brake MC

Patten Del R Civ AFRL/PKP corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri Feb 7 13:08:00 2003

  what baffles are we talking about Bob...don't have my assembly manual with
me...??

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane and Bob Galli [mailto:rdgalli@tcsn.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 10:03 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: Re: [FC] Interesting Development - Brake MC

Jim Davis wrote:

For instance on 12-30-60 the engine compartment side rail
> baffles were approved for installation.
> Jim Davis

      Many years ago I found out what these baffles were for.
         Diane had gone to Northern California on her annual Christmas tree
run. I had to stay home and work. She called me from Mt. Shasta City, said
the GB was running badly. No power. I said "start it and let me hear it run"
(my hearing was better in those days). I could hear it on the phone, sounded
OK. She said it is OK now. She went on. Later I figured it was icing.
        Then, the thought struck me, the baffles. They are to mix the cold
incoming air with the warm air from the engine.  Put the baffles in, never
happened again.

        Bob