[FC] BAFFLE PLATES

James Davis corvanatics@corvair.org
Sat Feb 8 14:10:01 2003

Sorry; the original message talked about the engine compartment side rail
baffles.  Those under the engine lower shrouds next to the push rod tubes
are affectionately known as cylinder air baffles (and some other
unprintable names)  and are not found in the assembly manuals.  The
cylinder air baffles were installed at Tonawanda, NY when the engine
was  assembled.  Their installation is described in the Corvair engine
assembly manual and Corvair shop manuals.  The engine compartment baffles
were installed at the FC assembly plant (St Louis, Willow Run, etc).
Jim Davis