[FC] new FC owner

Sun Feb 9 23:53:00 2003

Hello eveyone.  My name is Harry and I just joined!  Last weekend I picked up a
63 greenbrier standard.  My girlfriend and I spent about 10 hours cleaning the
top half of the engine and giving it a major tune up and a new muffler.  It has
been sitting since 1987 and I am going to put new tires on it.  I was cautioned
about the tires and the shocks.  I was told to fit the largerst (widest) tires
that I could in the wheel wells to maximize traction and to help prevent wheel
jacking.  I also have a set of 14x7 mags (with I think the correct offset, or
atleast that is what I was told.  I have seen the same type on other FC) that I
was thinking about putting on it.  Anythoughts?
I am in need of a shop manual!  The gas pedle and the throttle cable need to be
adjusted and I have a problem with the automatic shifter, it appears not to
work, I think.  When I attempt to put it in gear nothing happens and the cable
is all loose.  But I have a big leak of tranny fluid at the bell housing, I
need to investigate this more.
Thanks
Harry
66 monza sport sedan 140/pg