[FC] BAFFLE PLATES

Mon Feb 10 14:02:01 2003

In a message dated 2/10/2003 1:49:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
noahsarkinc@earthlink.net writes:

> Does it do anything to performance if you don't remove them for the warmer
> months of driving?  Does the owners manual refer to removing them like they
> do
> with the Spyder &Corsa?

   From what I have heard, the people that have left them in haven't really
noticed a performance change but there is the possibility, in the hot summer,
that there could be a cooling issue. They do restrict the air coming into the
engine compartment somewhat.
   I never ran them on our 63 but I also had carb ice problems in the spring
and fall.
   I am not sure about the owners manual, if it mentions the plate at all. I
don't have one to look at.
   Ken Hand