[FC] Coil Spring question

Patten Del R Civ AFRL/PKP corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri Feb 21 13:12:01 2003

  I just got new ones for my GB Bob and they are noticeably heavier in the
back as I remember!  Sure helped the sag in the back end of mine!  I haven't
measured the height though.

  Del Patten...CNM

-----Original Message-----
From: Funin63@aol.com [mailto:Funin63@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 9:58 AM
To: Corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: [FC] Coil Spring question

Have a question about FC springs.
On a typical Brier, are the front and rear coil springs the same?  Did they
vary, according to the engine size, and options?   Knowing that very few
options, other than the DLX package were available on Briers....lol

I would assume the rears are heavier in diameter, but am not sure.
I would like a more "level" ride,  but would like to keep the ride height as

close to stock as possible.  The original springs have given their all over
the last 40 years, and are telling me to  remove them... and let them live
out their golden years in Florida.....<grins>...

Any and all input is appreciated.. as usual!!!
thanks

Bob Pahl
SLC UTAH

62 Brier DLX 8 door.....(for sale).....