[FC] mount points for oil and temp gauges

Patten Del R Civ AFRL/PKP corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Jan 30 19:11:01 2003

  I didn't use a T because it is awful vulnerable to a thrashing fan belt.
I left the stock switch in place and used the bolt for the OP.  Since I had
drilled and tapped a location in the rear web of the block (per the tech
guide??), I used that for the temp...some argument been around on that
location but I figure I am looking for change not a particularly accurate
number!!  Flame suit on here!!  Good luck!!

  Del Patten...CNM

-----Original Message-----
From: Woohey@aol.com [mailto:Woohey@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 4:20 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: [FC] mount points for oil and temp gauges

Hi All,

I am interested in mounting an oil pressure and temp gauges in my
greenbrier.  i have purchased and installed "the bolt" from clarks in the
oil filter, and currently have a oil pressure gauge screwed in the top.

i would like to install gauges in the cab

can i tee off the bolt and connect pressure and temp leads to the front

i bought a 3 pack gauge set, that has a sensor for temp

any and all suggestions are welcome

thanks in advance
keith graham
'64 brier