[FC] Corvair Accident

Fri Jan 31 06:46:02 2003

Dear Members,

    On the 29th I had a head on collision with My Corvair.  A Dodge truck
crossed the center line and crushed the front of my vair.  Fortunately, the
vair was well built and all of us walked away from the accident.  Now I need
help in determining a value for my car.  I have used the site for NADA
classic car values, and the prices seem low ($5100.00 - $5600.00).
    My car was a 1965 Monza sport sedan 110 pg.  The engine was
professionally rebuilt by the Corvair Ranch 10k ago.  The interior is new
from Clarks, i.e. four new door panels, all the seats were reupholstered with
new buns, dual master cyl with synthetic fluid.  Body and paint was done by
the Ranch around 4 years ago.  There is some serious money in this car, and I
want as much of it as I can get back.
    So again, if anyone has a web site stating values of Corvairs please
forward it to me.  Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. She was my every day driver, now I need to kick my Corvan restoration in
high gear very quickly, walking sucks.

Andy Hammond
Chickwich5151@cs.com