[FC] 140 Conversion

Michael Emanuele corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Jul 7 09:32:00 2003

Hi Harry,
 My 140 Conversion came out pretty good allthough I am not sure it is worth
the effort and extra money. I coudn't tell you about the air flow, but what I
am running is late primaries with power jets and i think 51 fuel jets and
secondaries with 51 or 52 fuel jets. Also have put on dual exhausts and this
makes a lot of difference. I am running a truck powerglide with the cooler. I
have run with the secondaries connected and without. I really don't think that
the conversion was worth the little extra boost of power you get from the
secondaries. I am currently running with the secondaries disconnected, and I
really don't miss  the little power loss that you get at the top end,
allthough it does make a difference. I also doubled my gas mileage doing this.
It was a fun project and it does look good when you see a 140 in a Rampside. I
think the biggest downfall of the whole project is that it is a Powerglide and
I really woud have liked to had a four speed, i think this would make a
tremendous performance difference.

Mike Emanuele
69 Monza Convertible
Looking for a nice Greenbrier