[FC] RE: <VV> Can This Quarter Panel Be Saved?

Chris Busch corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Jul 14 12:39:01 2003

I use a system similar to this one, I believe mine has a name of magna
wield...
http://www.usaweld.com/product_page/auto_tools/auto.html

"HTP Stud Setter
Pull dents with professional results... and a whole lot more! This
completely portable unit lets you work anywhere. Tests in bodyshops show
that the Stud Setter can reduce labor cost by 40% to 80%.

Attach the tips for stud welding, insert studs, pull the trigger and
electrically weld the stud to the dented panel. Attach the Slide Hammer to
the stud and pull the dent. Or attach a row of studs and use a clamp and
"Come Along" for big dents. Each stud provides about 500 pounds of pull
strength, but can be easily ground off without heat distortion. The Stud
Setter makes quick work of hail dents and door dings.

Weld Studs to cold-rolled, high strength, galvanized and stainless steels-
all without making holes or removing inner panels."