[FC] Re: <VV> Can This Quarter Panel Be Saved?

* Greenbrier Goon * corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Jul 15 23:51:01 2003

Hey everybody:

With all of this talk about trying to save the quarter panel on my
Greenbrier...

Tonight I continued to cut up the junk FC.  After being as carefull as I
could at removing the right rear quarter panel, I discovered that it is
actually in pretty good shape.  Much better than the one on my Greenbrier.

The panel has some rust at the very bottom between the muffler "void" and
the outer part of the panel.  It also has some rust below the lower side
cargo hinge.  There has been some bondo spread on it is in a few spots by
someone.  Now that I have it off, I can see from the backside that it is
relatively straight.

This may be the donor panel I have been looking for.  I will clean it up and
remove the bondo this weekend to make a better evaluation.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)
1963 Corvair 95 4 Speed (soon to be scrap)