[FC] Windshield installation

Bill Wells corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Jul 21 14:47:00 2003

Hi folks,

My Rampside's paint work is nearing completion and it
is time to start thinking about glass and
weatherstripping. I have heard numerous horror stories
about windshield installation and the difficulty in
working with the available gaskets. Has this situation
changed? I would like to use the chrome trim around
the windshield, but will not if the gaskets available
now won't allow it.
I have a new weatherstrip purchased three or four
years ago from out west that is a deluxe style. Should
I try to use this or one of the "newer" repros from
back east?
Thanks for any advice,
Bill