[FC] Quiz for the tekkies...!

Tue Jul 22 22:21:01 2003

Merv,
Near the distributor is the idler pulley... there are 2 studs sticking out
horizontally that the idler is mounted to... loosen the nuts and then pull the
idler pulley back... you do NOT want the belt too tight.... do NOT pry it back
with a screwdriver or tool... you should be able to still turn the
alternator/generator pulley with your fingers, although you don't want a lot of slop
either. I'm sure others will chime in.

As for the wipers, TRICO used to have a tool that you could place under the
arm that measured the arm tension... I don't remember what the numbers were,
but if it is wiping a clear path, you are fine... if the skip at high speeds,
SLOW DOWN or look for newer arms...
I have a pair of the old "air foil" metal blades on my FC, but I know better
than to drive too fast in the rain... learned that lesson in '98....
Hope this helps.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in Crittenden, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair
Quart Low quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
Check out the 2004 Convention Web Site: www.kycorsa.com