[FC] 2006 Convention "Shuffle off to Buffalo/Niagara"

Gary Swiatowy corvanatics@corvair.org
Sat Jul 26 08:07:00 2003

For those of you who do not already know, the 2006 Corsa convention has been
awarded to the Four clubs group for Buffalo NY in July 2006. The Four Clubs
consist of a coalition of the Niagara Frontier Corvair Club, Corsa Ontario,
The A.C.O.R.N.S. (Association of Corvair Nuts), and The Central NY Corvair
Club.

We have selected July for the convention as it is highly likely that the snow
should be cleared from the streets by then, and we should have a few week
window of opportunity before the next years winter storms set in. But don't
worry, around here we salt the roads year round to be safe.

We have many attractions in the area which may be of interest to
conventioners, such as the Original Kazoo factory and museum in Eden NY. and
in nearby Cuylerville we have Bump Hamiltons Tired Iron Tractor Museum which
boasts the worlds largest collection of tractor seats. There is also a nearby
waterfall which some of you may be interested in seeing, if there is any
expressed interest we may even hold a tour there. Check out the tourism
website at:  http://www.buffalocvb.com/

This area also boasts the ultimate in fine dining, remember we are the home of
the Chicken Wing, Beef on Weck, Friday Fish Fry, the Hamburger, and our local
pizza is second to none.

This is also a sort of homecoming for our vairs as this region is also the
place where all our motors were built. At the Tonawanda motor plant, now
called GM Powertrain. Buffalo is also the home of the GM (now American Axel)
Axel plant where our differentials were built.

This is just the first of several posts regarding the convention, as further
info is available I will add to it.............

Feel free to send any questions...........

Gary Swiatowy

Trying to inject a little humor to the event............Trying to beat
everyone to the punch with the "Buffalo Jokes"