Bryan got it! woohoo! Re: [FC] d'oh! shoulda stayed in bed...

Sat Jul 26 17:04:00 2003

About twelve years ago while living in Abilene, TX I was headed for
Breckenridge, TX on a service call
.  About 15 miles out, my Rampside realy went to the dogsand it wouldn't go
over 5-10 mph. It would idle fine but would hardly run when fed gas.  When I
looked at it the whole side of the distributor was gone with the wires and a
couple pieces hanging.  I could see the rotor going round and round (with
sparks) and it was idling smoth.  It took well over an hour to get back home
to get the other car.  I also found a brand new cap in a box behind the seat
which I didn't know was there and could have installed on the road.  DUH!!!!
'Vairs continue to be amazing!!
                             Bruce Gwyther, Bonneville Corvair Club
http://users.sisna.com/grandpagwyt/
'65 Corsa Convert,  '62 Rampside