[FC] Re: Fuel Pump, Fuel Sender

Robert Marlow corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Jul 30 08:55:01 2003

Greenbrier Goon wrote:

> Before starting it today I was thinking that there may be some sort of
fuel blockage.  It has a filter on the inlet side of the fuel pump that is
the same age as the pump.  The sock in the tank is only about 2 years old
and the tank was cleaned and lined when I installed it. <

While Tim Mahler has offered the likely answer (overheating fuel pump),
when you say "the tank was cleaned and lined when I installed it," I say
aha...

Some years ago, I had a local radiator shop boil out a tank and line it
with whatever tank sealer they generally used.  Less than two years later,
the lining material began to come loose and get drawn into the fuel pickup.
 Result?  Mystery stoppages just like you experienced.

> As soon as the heat lets up where I live, I plan to go forward with the 4
speed conversion of my FC. <

Another person screwing up a perfectly good PG van... [grin]

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
avanti@carroll.com