<VV> Re: [FC] Electric Fuel Pump Failure II

The Source, Inc. corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Jul 30 15:56:01 2003

I can assure you that lots of  FAA certified aircraft have mechanical
fuel pumps and auxiliary electric fuel pumps; I learned allot in 3 years
of  frivolous litigation. I should have known some idiots all  for
profit would take an automotive part, modify it, drive it at 1.6 time
maximum operating rpm, someone else would fly it for 3 years - no
problems, then a new owner doing low level aerobatics would stall,
panic, crash and kill himself. The heirs would sue everyone as the
automotive mechanical fuel pumps check valves had both failed ( upon
impact - airframe shortened 75%) but diaphgrams were intact.
I should have known the possible uses for my automotive fuel pump in an
aircraft that is not Corvair powered ... GM spent + $1,000,000.00 Dana +
$ 500,000. and  it almost bankrupted me.
David