[FC] Announcement

The Source, Inc. corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Jun 3 09:18:00 2003

  General Motors, Dana, and The Source have finally prevailed after 3
years of  litigation
in our Federal Courts: Strict Product Liability - Wrongful Death Lawsuit.

Our Corvair Mechanical Fuel Pump designed by GM, manufactured for us by
Dana,
was sold by us - as automotive; then sold and resold, exported to Poland;
to PZL - who manufactures new Franklin aircraft engines under license
-  who modified the Corvair pump, and mounted it upside down at flywheel
end on a new aircraft engine.

Note the Corvair design criteria was not the same;
this pump was driven at 1.6 times the maximum design rpm, etc.
It was installed in a airplane and flown for several years,
then the airplane was sold, the new owner promptly crashes and dies.

Our pump was faulted as both check valves had failed ...
the crash shortened the airframe about 75% OL and our pump was found in
the next field ...
The Back up Electric Bypass Pump was either not functioning or not
plumbed correctly...too much damage...

GM spent in excess of $ 1 million defending its design...

I will now spend even more money and more time
trying to recover some of our legal expenses.

If you wonder why the web site - electronic catalog
and several new products have been delayed for so long ...

David C. Herrin III,  President

The Source, Inc.
13975 Mira Montana, Del Mar, CA. 92014-3113
Telephone: 858/259-1520 (machine) Voice Mail and Fax: 858/259-3843
Web: www.thesourceparts.com E-Mail: source@adnc.com