[FC] Rear Seat VS Middle Seat in an FC

* Greenbrier Goon * corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Jun 4 00:07:00 2003

Hey everyone:

A few years ago my garage burned down.  The middle seat and rear seat for my
Greenbrier were in that garage.

When I bought my FC, there was one seat in the cargo area. I bought another
one from a guy who was parting out an FC back then.  I installed both and
had a middle and a rear seat.

I remember both seats being identicle in design.  Both were the same size
and shape.  Both had the same front legs and both had a rear leg that folded
underneath so that either seat could be installed in the rear or in the
middle.

I have since been told that the correct middle and rear seats for an FC are
not identical to each other. Is this true?  Did I have 2 rear seats in my
Greenbrier back then?

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)
1963 Corvair 95 4 Speed (soon to be scrap)