[FC] Cheesey Points?

Tue Jun 10 06:56:01 2003

In a message dated 6/10/2003 1:21:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
greenbriergoon@hotmail.com writes:

> This time I was sold some points made by Niehoff and I have never seen this
> style before.
>
> Instead to the wires being attached with a nut, the wires are supposed to
> just slip behind the flat tension spring.  Doesn't seem like a very secure
> attachment.  I figure it is a cost-cutting measure on the part of the
> manufacturer.

   That style of points as been around for years with seemingly no ill
effect. The condenser and the ground wire are both supposed to clip over the post
for retention and the spring just makes the contact.
   Now, on the other hand, if you still want the style with the nuts to hold
the wires, That is the style I sell. I don't know the brand and I don't care
because they work good.
   I think this is as everything else is, There are only so many
manufacturers out there and everybody buys from the group and puts they're name on it.
   Ken Hand