[FC] need generator help...corvair sort-of

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Jun 11 21:40:01 2003

While the case might be similar, the fields and armature are different for the
12 volt version.  I suggest that you consider converting the tractor to 12
volt or have the old generator rebuilt.  Paul in CT.....
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Williams, Rickie
  To: 'corvanatics@corvair.org'
  Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 9:33 PM
  Subject: [FC] need generator help...corvair sort-of

  I am wondering if anyone can tell me whether a Corvair generator can be
  reworked easily to produce 6 volts rather than 12 volts.  I have several
  spare generators and my Father-in-Law's Farmall H tractor uses a Delco-Remy
  generator that looks almost identical to a Corvair generator on the
outside.
  His generator is shot.

  Helpful suggestions welcomed!

  Thanks,