[FC] Greenbrier/Corvan tire survey...

Merv Krull corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Mar 4 00:19:00 2003

Hi all!

Run right out and check your tires on your GB or Corvan, come back and tell us
all what size of tires you found there.

Mine are 185 - 75R 14 but they are those nasty no-name brand M+S tires from
Fountain Tire. We had them on our Pontiac and they had tread separations and
squirms and pulled to one side or the other depending on which side of the car
they were mounted on and would not stay in balance. I was ready to throw them
away, but stuck with them when we bought another vehicle for highway use. When
they finally wore out, I replaced them with the cheapest tires Fountain Tire
had. The Pontiac drove beautifully, like a new car, smooth and quiet and
controlled. Needless to say, the tires on My GB have gotta go. What shall I
put on?

185s or 195s?
Which ones are the smoothest and quietest?
How about Goodyear Workhorse truck radials? They are available for 14 inch
rims, and I know from experience with our 82 GMC van that the truck radials
gave much greater response and confidence than passenger tires and they sure
worked fine on my 53 GMC.

What say you folks?

thanx
Merv Krull