[FC] Re: <VV> 140 Rampside

Mon Mar 17 15:44:00 2003

Hi Mike,

I would suspect valve lash same as Ed.  Check your timing too(& dwell if conventional points).  If your 140 is fresh, and you have new lifters, you may have them set too tight.  With TRW or Sealed Power, I set at 1/8 turn on my 140 Ramp.  Of course I'm mostly on the highway and run at 75 up and down the hills with a Manual/3.55 Diff.  I live at 6,000 feet and commute 85 miles to 7,500 feet after dropping to 5,000 feet and cresting at 9,000 feet.  I run 51 primary/50 secondary, all four primaries.  Good Luck!

Regards,

Mark

<<Just got done transplanting a 140 in my Rampside. My problem is when I put it
into gear ( powerglide), that it seems to choke out and stalls. I have checked
timing and reset idle. all appears to be OK. I am running size 52 jets. Could
this be too much? It idles fine in neutral and runs very well. Any thoughts on
this would be appreciated. Most every thing in this engine is new or has been
rebuilt and is in good order.

Thanks in advance
Mike Emanuele
69 Monza Convertible>>