[FC] Fw: 140 Rampside

Michael Emanuele corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Mar 17 18:52:00 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Emanuele
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Cc: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 6:04 PM
Subject: 140 Rampside

Thanks for all the response and suggestions to my problem getting my 140
rampside to idle in gear without stalling. I checked and performed nearly all
the suggestions sent except with the ones that I allreadynew to double check.
The end result is the same. It still won't idle. But don't despair. As I was
beginning to get frustrated I put my hand over the carbs to shut it down, (too
lazy to go turn the key off). When I did this I noticed that there was much
less vacuum at the left primary. I restarted the engine and put my hand over
the right carb and it immediately stalled. I restarted and put my hand over
the left primary and it kept on runnuing scking vacuum from somewher it
shouldn't. I figure this is the major reason I am having problems. I will
attack this issue tomorrow and post what I find. Hopefully this will help in
curing my problem.
Thanks a heap for the help'
Mike Emanuele
61 Rampside140