[FC] Diff Rebuild Delema!

* Greenbrier Goon * corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri Mar 21 00:59:01 2003

Hey everybody:

As some of you may remember, I have been converting my PG Greenbrier to a 4
speed.

I decided to rebuild the 4 speed diff myself since it had to be disassembled
to replace the snout and the case (a piece was broken off).

Anyway, I am not sure how I am going to do the precise measurements needed
in order to select the correct size shim beween the pinion gear and the
bearing.

Where would somebody find those tools shown in the 1961 service manual in
2003?

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)
1963 Corvair 95 4 Speed (soon to be scrap)