[FC] 140 Rampside

Clark Hartzel corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Mar 25 17:52:02 2003

There was an article in the Communique (I think) on how to extend the stock
air cleaners and add extra carb ports to them.  I'll have to hunt around and
see if I can find it.
Clark Hartzel

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Michael Emanuele
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 8:13 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: [FC] 140 Rampside

Good to see that the site is back up and running again, (I hope ). Since I
was
last able to post I completed the 140 transplant in my Rampside. All should
be
happy to know that with the exception of a few minor hangups all went well.
Thanks to all the good guys on Virtual Vairs for helping me with idling
problems that I experienced. With a fresh 140 and a 3:55 diff., and a good
powerglide, I am extremely pleased with its performance. I do however have
one
more question. Has anybody come up with an effective and neat air cleaner
set
up without having to alter the engine cover? If some one knows or has any
pictures or ideas I would really like to hear/ see your ideas. For the time
being I am going to use carb bonnets until I can come up with something
better. More power is definitely better in this case.

 Mike Emanuele
69 Monza Convertible