[FC] steering box

Tue Mar 25 19:48:00 2003

In a message dated 3/25/2003 6:03:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, N2VZD@aol.com
writes:

> if nothing else i would be checking for binding somewhere in linkage..such
> as
> idler arm or boomerang or even a ball joint.

   No, the problem is that the sheet metal triangle that was talked about in
the previous post, has come loose at the spot welds in the floor seam. I had
to fix my 63 FC because of the very same thing.
   My fix for a non show vehicle was to drill from underneath where the seam
is and then put 2, 1/4" bolts through the area. It never moved again.
   I think this was talked about again in the communique and may be in the
tech guide.
   Ken Hand