[FC] 2 accelerator springs?

Wed Mar 26 12:29:01 2003

In a message dated 3/26/2003 12:14:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Woohey@aol.com writes:

> I was reading old Corvanantics article last nite @1993?, and read an article
> discussing accelerator pedal adjustments and mentioning there are 2
> springs,
>
> I checked Clarks catalog this morning and dont see where this 2nd spring
> would attach, is anyone familiar with 2 springs and where the other would
> be located?
>
> I would like to improve pedal, as it is very hard at initial acceleration

   The way it is supposed to be is you have a very light spring in the rear
on the throttle shaft and you put a heavy one up front on the bellcrank to
the body. This will give you a very firm but smooth feel, as long as the
cable is in OK condition.
   What most people do is put a spring back at the engine and it won't return
the throttle to idle, so they put a heavier spring back there and now it is
very hard to push the gas pedal down. They try lube and all sorts of wonder
ideas, but the real trick is a light spring in the rear and a heavier spring
up front.
   Ken Hand