[FC] Front coils

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Sat May 3 12:28:00 2003

A old hot rodders trick was to put a space block in the suspension at the
height that they wanted the coil to be at after modification.  Then they would
heat the coil with a torch and allow it to sag until it hit the spacer block
and allow it to cool..... remove block and in theory, the vehicle remained at
that height.  I have seen it done in the 1960's, but have never done it
myself, so I have given you all my knowledge on the subject.  Paul in CT.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Charles M. Wrobel
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2003 12:16 PM
  Subject: [FC] Front coils

  I currently have the mustang coils in the front but they
  are still a bit too high. Has anyone had any experience
  cutting down the stock/original coils? It seems a shame
  to cut the new mustang springs when I still have the
  originals to experiment with. I'm trying to lower the
  front end by a few inches to get the overall effect of a
  very slight rake or, at least, a level ride.

  thanks,

  Charles