[FC] Front coils

Sun May 4 08:40:01 2003

In a message dated 5/3/2003 12:16:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, r75@shaw.ca
writes:

> I currently have the mustang coils in the front but they
> are still a bit too high. Has anyone had any experience
> cutting down the stock/original coils? It seems a shame
> to cut the new mustang springs when I still have the
> originals to experiment with. I'm trying to lower the
> front end by a few inches to get the overall effect of a
> very slight rake or, at least, a level ride.
>
> thanks,

   The Mustang Coil springs have to be cut! It was never said they were a
direct drop in item. "In the Tech Guide" it says to cut 1 1/2-2 coils. I cut
1 coil and am very happy. The new springs will ride softer which the
originals never will. All the original springs will do is get stiffer the
more you cut them.
   Ken Hand